To launch the Successful Military Wife site, I interviewed 17 highly accomplished military spouses on how they build their success on a day to day basis. For the post, I left their answers in their entirety so everyone could get a sense of their personality along with their advice. The post is extremely long – over 7,000 words – so I wanted to boil down their advice into easy to follow steps that you can take action on TODAY.
- Start each day with inspiration and gratitude.
- Write down what you are proud of, are grateful for, and your big “why” you do what you do.
- Keep your eye on your big dreams and plan the steps you are going to take to get there. (TIP: Sign up for the email list at the top right to get access to my weekly planner worksheet!)
- Use your calendar or to-do list to make sure important tasks get done.
- Don’t over-fill your days. Everything takes longer than you think.
- Eliminate time-wasting (non-value adding) activities.
- Don’t wait – take action today.
- Do something every day that gets you closer to your big dreams.
- Make time to build & grow relationships.
- Surround yourself with people that are smarter than you.
- The biggest successes almost never happen to one person, they happen to people working together.
- Never be afraid to ask for help.
- Find role models who are uncommonly successful and pay attention to how they do things.
- Recognize your weaknesses, and find people that balance you.
- Make time for yourself every day.
- Drink coffee
- Take a long shower
- Enjoy family time
When the lifestyle of a successful person is reduced down to such a short list, it almost seems too easy, right? The key is to pick one area that you need to improve on and start to create the habit of doing these things every day. Small consistent effort is what builds big dreams.
Photo By seier+seier
LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW: Does this advice resonate with you? Share what you can do today to get a little closer to a big dream of yours!